This section contains materials and good ideas from successful cities across Europe to encourage stakeholders to learn from each other and to adapt and replicate good ideas.
- Bulgarian National Strategy in the Area of Migration, Asylum and Integration 2015 – 2020, available in Bulgarian at http://www.strategy.bg/StrategicDocuments/View.aspx?lang=bg-BG&Id=963
- “Guide for municipalities to work with refugees and migrants”, produced by Bulgarian Red Cross, targets municipalities and aims to provide information and guidance on the process of integration of beneficiaries of international protection, available in Bulgarian at https://ec.europa.eu/migrant-integration/librarydoc/handbook-on-refugee-integration-in-bulgarian-municipalities
Info found at https://integra-eu.net/images/City_Report/INTEGRA_Integrated_city_audit_report_eng.pdf
- Practices in educating non-nationals about racism, xenophobia and related intolerance are 15 good practices from various EU Member States within the framework of the RACCOMBAT project, in the area of including fundamental rights knowledge and empowerment against racism, xenophobia and related intolerance into the overall integration process of non-nationals throughout the Union. http://raccombat-project.eu/good-practices-collection/
- “Guidebook for the integration of persons with granted international protection”, produced within the project “Advocacy for the Integration of Refugees in Bulgaria”, funded by the UNHCR in Bulgaria, available in Bulgarian at http://www.bcrm-bg.org/docs/Spravochnik-integracia-mejdunarodna-zakrila.pdf
- Good practices for integration of refugees, developed during the conference “Establishing an effective mechanism for integration of persons with international protection in the Republic of Bulgaria” available in Bulgarian at http://www.bcrm-bg.org/docs/Dobri-praktiki-za-integracia-na-bejanci.pdf
Info found at http://www.bcrm-bg.org/projects.html
- A Multi-Stakeholder Approach Labour for the Market Integration of Migrants - Labour-INT establishes a closer cooperation between public and private businesses, chambers of commerce and industries, trade unions and migrants’ associations by exchanging objectives, methods and practices of labour market integration of refugees and asylum-seekers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmh665h630Q
Info found at http://www.labour-int.eu
- Employment Report Refugees, produced by Catro - the report analyzes trends in the development of the Bulgarian economy and labor market in order to identify and outline the potential opportunities for more efficient and sustainable employment of refugees in the country, available in Bulgarian
- Handbook for Teachers, produced by UNHCR - teaching materials developed by the United Nations Refugee Agency to improve and facilitate the teaching of refugee children - https://www.unhcr.org/bg/уебни-материали
- Refugee Employment Study. The aim of the current study is to explore the potential for refugee integration in the Bulgarian labour market, considering the current and future trends of the workforce development in Bulgaria and the requirements and attitudes of the business.
- “Guidebook for Integration of Third Country Nationals in the Republic of Bulgaria”, produced by “Romire”, aimed at newly arrived TCN, outlining their rights and responsibilities, available services, opportunities for qualification and language acquisition, etc., available in Bulgarian, Russian, English, Turkish and Arabic at http://www.infocenter-grd.org/наръчник-за-интеграция
- “Guidebook for Adaptation of Third Country Nationals in the Republic of Bulgaria”, produced by “Romire”, aimed at newly arrived TCN, outlining types of visas, long-term stay in Bulgaria, travel, commercial activities, blue cards, investments, etc., available in Bulgarian, Russian, English, Turkish and Arabic at http://www.infocenter-grd.org/наръчник-за-адаптация
- “Guidebook for Migrant Children in the Republic of Bulgaria”, produced by “Romire”, aimed at migrant children and explaining basics regarding Bulgarian language and alphabet, schools, food, holidays, etc., available in Bulgarian, Russian, English, Turkish and Arabic at http://www.infocenter-grd.org/наръчник-за-деца
- “Immigrant Integration – Common Cases” reference book, produced by the Regional Association of Municipalities Maritsa and aimed at raising the capacity of experts, local governments, NGOs and media to contribute to the integration process, available in Bulgarian at http://www.maritza.info/Integration.pdf
- “Prague policy for integration of third country nationals” (2018-2021), available in Czech at http://metropolevsech.eu/en/o-nas/koncepce-hl-m-prahy-pro-oblast-integrace-cizincu/
- “Prague Action Plans for íntegration of third country nationals” (2015, 2016, 2017), available in Czech at http://metropolevsech.eu/en/o-nas/dokumenty/
- “Research of the situation of TCN in the city of Prague” (2017), available in Czech at http://metropolevsech.eu/en/o-nas/aktuality-v-hl-m-praha/
- “Czech National policy for integration of TCN and connected Action plans”(2011 – 2018), available in Czech at http://www.mvcr.cz/clanek/integrace.aspx
- “Prague information brochure for migrants”, available in English at http://metropolevsech.eu/en/o-nas/dokumenty/
- “Strategies for Integration of TCN /migrants (city level)”, available in English at
- “Action Plans for Integration (at city level)”, available in Czech at http://metropolevsech.eu/en/o-nas/dokumenty/
- The City of Prague has launched a FB page (in addition to an already existing website) where the city provides information for foreigners living in Prague regarding functioning of city offices, organizations helping migrants, Czech language courses and other available services, cultural events and activities and much more. https://www.facebook.com/metropolevsech/
- Danube Compass website provides information for new inhabitants of the Danube region, including the Czech Republic. Danube Compass was created as a part of the project Danube Region Information Platform for Economic Integration of Migrants - DRIM, co-funded by EU (ERDF, IPA) through Danube Transnational Programme. The goal of the project is to enhance capacities of public institutions for enabling migrants´ economic integration in the eight countries of the Danube Region. http://cz.danubecompass.org/
- Salad Bowl of Prague is a project of Integration Centre Prague, which introduces various spots/locations connected to the history and present time of migration in Prague. As a part of the project, walks were organized, during which the participants could meet active foreigners living in Prague, experience their culture and exchange experience and inspiration. At the same time, 5 maps were created where various migration-related places are introduced and described. https://saladbowlofprague.cz/ (For example, here is one connected to Ukrainian immigration: https://saladbowlofprague.cz/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/sbp-ukraine-map.pdf).
- Demography, housing and public facilities in Prague, 2015, Institute of planning and development of Prague.
This material which consists of 9 reports, was published in 2015 and introduces an analysis as well as prognosis of the demographic development of Prague. It is an analysis of the following areas: Demography, Housing, Regional education system, Sports and Recreation, Culture, Social and Health Services, Universities, Trade. http://www.iprpraha.cz/clanek/1428/demografie-bydleni-a-verejna-vybavenost-v-praze
The report on Demography offers an analysis as well as a prognosis of the development of Prague population, including foreigners (http://www.iprpraha.cz/uploads/assets/dokumenty/Demografie/2_Demografie_2015-06-29_final.pdf).
- Legislative Decree n. 18, 21 febbraio 2014 - implementation of Directive 2011/95 / EU - rules on the assignment to TCN or stateless persons of the qualification as beneficiary of international protection, on an uniform status for refugees or persons eligible for subsidiary protection, and on the content of the recognized protection, available in Italian at http://www.gazzettaufficiale.it/eli/id/2017/04/18/17G00059/sg
- Law n. 46 del 2017 - urgent provisions for proceedings concerning international protection and for the fight against illegal immigration, available in Italian at http://www.gazzettaufficiale.it/eli/id/2014/03/07/14G00028/sg
- Law No 189/2002 - The Protection System for Asylum Seekers and Refugees (SPRAR), available in English at http://www.sprar.it/english
- Deliberation on the accession to Protection System for Asylum Seekers and Refugees (SPRAR) by City of Rubano, available in Italian at http://22.214.171.124:10080/web/trasparenza/storico-atti/ - /papca/display/8277?p_auth=lr76uZ69
- “Eurostats, Migrant integration statistics - 2017 edition”, available in Engish at: http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php/Migrant_integration_statistics_-_housing
- “Action plan for integration of persons who have been granted international protection for the period from 2017 to 2019”, the Government of the republic of Croatia office for human rights and the rights of national minorities – Zagreb, May 2017, available in Engish at:
- Danube Compass – Croatia, a platform for facilitating migrants' access to information on their rights and responsibilities. The Danube Compass covers all major aspects of living: housing, employment, learning the local language, education, health, and everyday life, offering an overview of all the important rights and opportunities depending on the national context of the host country. The platform currently offers information for Croatia, Slovenia, Austria, Germany, the Czech Republic, Slovaki, Hungary and Serbia. The Danube Compass was created as part of the project DRIM - Danube Region Information Platform for Economic Integration of Migrants funded by the Interreg European Union Program. The project is run by the Science Research Center of the Slovene Academy of Sciences and Arts, and in Croatia, by the Center for Peace Studies with a Strategic Partner, the Government Office for Human Rights and Rights of National Minorities. http://hr.danubecompass.org/?lang=hr
- Integration policy of the Slovak republic (2014). Official document issued by Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs and Family of the Slovak Republic. Available in English. https://www.employment.gov.sk/files/slovensky/ministerstvo/integracia-cudzincov/dokumenty/en_eurovkm-preklad-29-integracna-politika-januar-2014.pdf
- Annual report on Migration and Asylum policies Slovak republic 2014 (2015). Issued by National Contact Point of the European Migration Network for the Slovak Republic. Available in English. https://www.employment.gov.sk/files/emn-sk_ann-report-on-migr-asyl-policies_2014_en.pdf
- Welcome to Slovakia (2014). Brochure (issued by IOM) providing answers for basic question regarding residence, employment, education, health and social care in Slovakia. Available in Slovak, English, Russian. https://www.employment.gov.sk/files/mic-broz-vitajte-slovensku-sk-en-ru-2014.pdf
- Regional agenda of integration of TCN for Kosice region - Roadmap of managed migration (2015). Agenda contains data and statistics, list of public institutions and NGOs dealing with integration of TCN in Kosice region, identifies challenges and basic action plan. Available in Slovak.
- Summary Report of fulfillment of the objectives and measures of the Integration Policy of the Slovak Republic for the year 2017 (2018). The general document which includes also updates regarding integration initiatives held in Kosice region. Available in Slovak. http://www.rokovania.sk/File.aspx/ViewDocumentHtml/Mater-Dokum-218364?prefixFile=m_
- Basic demographic data of the city of Kosice (2016). It includes ethnic structure of population of Kosice. Available in Slovak and English. https://www.kosice.sk/clanok.php?file=info_basic_demograf.htm
- A multilingual website to learn Slovak language. The portal contains language courses at different levels (A1, A2, B1, B2) with many exercises, tests and dictionaries.